KBB Job Opening for Environmental Programs and Events Director
KBB is looking for a person to fill the paid position of Environmental Programs and Events Director. Work is full time, and the main responsibilities of the position include overseeing and recruiting volunteers, identifying and recruiting new Adopt a (Shore / Road / Island / Trail / Park) teams, preparing reports, performing liaison duties for the Central Chapter, grant authoring, assisting with beach cleanups, and managing selected programs and events. For a more detailed job description, click here. If interested or need more information, please contact Pat Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-631-0501 ext. 201.
Beach Clean Up Workers Needed
KBB is looking for weekend beach clean up workers. The duties are driving an ATV and emptying trash barrels, picking up trash on the beach and beach cross over clean ups. The shifts are 7 AM to 2 PM or 3 PM to 8 PM working along Cocoa Beach. The pay is $9.50 per hour. If you are interested, please call Pat Brown at 631-0501 ext. 201, or e-mail at Patbrownkbb@yahoo.com.
KBB Annual Dinner – June 7, 2014
Keep Brevard Beautiful’s 2013/14 Annual Awards and Installation dinner was a night of honoring those who make our organization the beacon of light that it is, installing our new leadership, choosing an interesting item from the Silent Auction, mingling with friends, enjoying a bountiful meal, and listening to a very knowledgeable guest speaker. Some 65 guests participated in the affair held at the Cocoa Beach Courtyard by Marriott. Dr. Lisa Souto, Executive Director of Marine Resources Council, was the guest speaker. Lacey James supplied the music. Our new board was sworn in by Judge Jack Griesbaum, and KBB awards were presented to schools and adults in our community who further our mission through their environmental work in Brevard County.
Congratulations to the Award Winners in the Adult Category:
- Litter Reduction & Control Award (sponsor: Waste Management) – Robbie Robinson
- Trash Bash Awards – City Competition (sponsor: Waste Management) - City of Cocoa
- Trash Bash Awards – District (sponsor: Waste Management) – District 2, Chuck Nelson
- Recycling Award (sponsor: Waste Management) – Marcia Booth
- Education Award (sponsor: Delaware North Parks & Resorts) – Jennifer Thompson & Jennifer Wilster
- Beautification Award (sponsor: Rockledge Gardens Nursery) – Jo Compton
- The Robert W. Bieske Outstanding Volunteer Award – (sponsor: Central Chapter) – Virginia Gaylor
- Wasdin Award – Sandy Sanderson
Congratulations to the Award Winners in the Youth Category:
- Litter Reduction & Control Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Cocoa High School
- Beautification Award (sponsor: KBB North, Central, South Chapters) – Cocoa High School ROTC student – Courtenay Decker and Freedom 7 Elementary
- Recycling Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Audubon Elementary
- Education Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Tropical Elementary Kindergarten/TK
Many thanks to all of the sponsors!
We Fight Dirty! 2014 Annual Trash Bash
We got our trash bags, sunscreen and gloves ready and hit the ground, sand and water for the annual 2014 Trash Bash. Thank you everyone for helping to keep all of Brevard beautiful! We fight dirty, and we fight it with all we’ve got!Sandbags Front St. Cleanup Lunch provided by Steagles Pub Spoil Island Crew getting ready Pelican Park Trash Bash Lutheran Church Members Spoil Island C/U Geocachers 2014 Daisies blossom at Pelican Beach City Hall Titusville
Trash Bash Presentation at Cocoa Council Meeting
June 10, 2014
The first of the 2014 Trash Bash Awards were presented by KBB and Waste Management June 10 at The City of Cocoa City Council meeting. Tony Sasso, KBB’s Executive Director, presented the City of Cocoa with the 2014 Municipality Award, Cocoa High School ROTC received the award for Most Volunteers, and the EFSC Cocoa Rotaract Club won for Most Trash Collected. Congratulations and thank you to all the winners! KBB would like to express our appreciation to everyone who helped remove over 40,000 pounds of litter from Brevard County. A special thank you to Waste Management for sponsoring these awards and to Lisa Moody, Director of Leisure Services from the City of Cocoa, for supporting Trash Bash and the mission of KBB.