Have a Fun Day at KBB’s and Parks and Rec’s America Recycles Day Eco Living Jubilee!
To help us celebrate Keep America Beautiful’s Annual America Recycles Day on November 15, please come out for an educational afternoon/evening featuring many environmental and recycling related activities including sustainable living exhibitors, locally sourced food, environmental speakers, a shoe donation dropoff, upcycled fashion show and creative recycled art contest. The event is free to the public. We also continue to seek sponsors and exhibitors for the event. For more information, please contact Vicky Croft at KBB – 631-0501, extension 205.
KBB Florida Coastal Cleanup
Keep Brevard Beautiful coordinates the annual Florida Coastal Cleanup, in conjunction with the Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup. This year this international event was held on September 20. There were 18 check in sites throughout the county, from the Canaveral National Seashore in the north to the Sebastian River Inlet State Park in the south. There were also sites on the Indian River Lagoon from Titusville to Grant. We would like to thank our dedicated site captains who managed the cleanup efforts, and our selfless volunteers who gave their time and energy to help remove the trash left behind by others.
South Chapter We Noticed!
Keep Brevard Beautiful’s (KBB) South Chapter presented a “We Noticed” award to Revolution Technologies, located at 1000 Revolution Technologies Way in Melbourne, on September 23. Revolution Technologies was founded in 1993 and now has 15 national offices in nine different states, with its headquarters in Melbourne. They are a nationwide staffing and solutions firm serving middle market to Fortune 1000 clients and the U.S. Government.
Attending the “We Noticed” presentation were Brigid Carr, KBB South Chapter President; Ted Parker, Founder and CEO of Revolution Technologies; Kent Smith, COO and President of Revolution Technologies; KBB Board, staff and South Chapter members; other Revolution Technologies employees; and Holeman Group, Inc. employees, the architects that designed the building and landscaping.
The South Chapter recognizes properties throughout the southern part of Brevard County throughout the year for their efforts to beautify the area. Congratulations to Revolution Technologies for a fantastic job of beautifying their area and for helping to keep our county beautiful!
KBB South Chapter presents July We Noticed award to Schumacher Orthodontics in Indian Harbour Beach – congratulations and thank you for helping to keep Brevard beautiful!
Melbourne Wins the KBB Category A Trash Bash Competition
Melbourne City Council meeting presentation – Congratulations to the City of Melbourne for winning the Trash Bash Category A City competition (population greater than 35,000). KBB also congratulates Jennifer Thompson and Jennifer Wilster for winning KBB’s 2013-2014 Annual Education Award.
KBB Annual Dinner – June 7, 2014
Keep Brevard Beautiful’s 2013/14 Annual Awards and Installation dinner was a night of honoring those who make our organization the beacon of light that it is, installing our new leadership, choosing an interesting item from the Silent Auction, mingling with friends, enjoying a bountiful meal, and listening to a very knowledgeable guest speaker. Some 65 guests participated in the affair held at the Cocoa Beach Courtyard by Marriott. Dr. Lisa Souto, Executive Director of Marine Resources Council, was the guest speaker. Lacey James supplied the music. Our new board was sworn in by Judge Jack Griesbaum, and KBB awards were presented to schools and adults in our community who further our mission through their environmental work in Brevard County.
Congratulations to the Award Winners in the Adult Category:
- Litter Reduction & Control Award (sponsor: Waste Management) – Robbie Robinson
- Trash Bash Awards – City Competition (sponsor: Waste Management) – City of Cocoa
- Trash Bash Awards – District (sponsor: Waste Management) – District 2, Chuck Nelson
- Recycling Award (sponsor: Waste Management) – Marcia Booth
- Education Award (sponsor: Delaware North Parks & Resorts) – Jennifer Thompson & Jennifer Wilster
- Beautification Award (sponsor: Rockledge Gardens Nursery) – Jo Compton
- The Robert W. Bieske Outstanding Volunteer Award – (sponsor: Central Chapter) – Virginia Gaylor
- Wasdin Award – Sandy Sanderson
Congratulations to the Award Winners in the Youth Category:
- Litter Reduction & Control Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Cocoa High School
- Beautification Award (sponsor: KBB North, Central, South Chapters) – Cocoa High School ROTC student – Courtenay Decker and Freedom 7 Elementary
- Recycling Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Audubon Elementary
- Education Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Tropical Elementary Kindergarten/TK
Many thanks to all of the sponsors!