KBB South Chapter presents July We Noticed award to Schumacher Orthodontics in Indian Harbour Beach – congratulations and thank you for helping to keep Brevard beautiful!
Melbourne Wins the KBB Category A Trash Bash Competition
Melbourne City Council meeting presentation – Congratulations to the City of Melbourne for winning the Trash Bash Category A City competition (population greater than 35,000). KBB also congratulates Jennifer Thompson and Jennifer Wilster for winning KBB’s 2013-2014 Annual Education Award.
KBB Job Opening for Environmental Programs and Events Director
KBB is looking for a person to fill the paid position of Environmental Programs and Events Director. Work is full time, and the main responsibilities of the position include overseeing and recruiting volunteers, identifying and recruiting new Adopt a (Shore / Road / Island / Trail / Park) teams, preparing reports, performing liaison duties for the Central Chapter, grant authoring, assisting with beach cleanups, and managing selected programs and events. For a more detailed job description, click here. If interested or need more information, please contact Pat Brown at email@example.com or 321-631-0501 ext. 201.
Beach Clean Up Workers Needed
KBB is looking for weekend beach clean up workers. The duties are driving an ATV and emptying trash barrels, picking up trash on the beach and beach cross over clean ups. The shifts are 7 AM to 2 PM or 3 PM to 8 PM working along Cocoa Beach. The pay is $9.50 per hour. If you are interested, please call Pat Brown at 631-0501 ext. 201, or e-mail at Patbrownkbb@yahoo.com.
KBB Annual Dinner – June 7, 2014
Keep Brevard Beautiful’s 2013/14 Annual Awards and Installation dinner was a night of honoring those who make our organization the beacon of light that it is, installing our new leadership, choosing an interesting item from the Silent Auction, mingling with friends, enjoying a bountiful meal, and listening to a very knowledgeable guest speaker. Some 65 guests participated in the affair held at the Cocoa Beach Courtyard by Marriott. Dr. Lisa Souto, Executive Director of Marine Resources Council, was the guest speaker. Lacey James supplied the music. Our new board was sworn in by Judge Jack Griesbaum, and KBB awards were presented to schools and adults in our community who further our mission through their environmental work in Brevard County.
Congratulations to the Award Winners in the Adult Category:
- Litter Reduction & Control Award (sponsor: Waste Management) – Robbie Robinson
- Trash Bash Awards – City Competition (sponsor: Waste Management) - City of Cocoa
- Trash Bash Awards – District (sponsor: Waste Management) – District 2, Chuck Nelson
- Recycling Award (sponsor: Waste Management) – Marcia Booth
- Education Award (sponsor: Delaware North Parks & Resorts) – Jennifer Thompson & Jennifer Wilster
- Beautification Award (sponsor: Rockledge Gardens Nursery) – Jo Compton
- The Robert W. Bieske Outstanding Volunteer Award – (sponsor: Central Chapter) – Virginia Gaylor
- Wasdin Award – Sandy Sanderson
Congratulations to the Award Winners in the Youth Category:
- Litter Reduction & Control Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Cocoa High School
- Beautification Award (sponsor: KBB North, Central, South Chapters) – Cocoa High School ROTC student – Courtenay Decker and Freedom 7 Elementary
- Recycling Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Audubon Elementary
- Education Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Tropical Elementary Kindergarten/TK
Many thanks to all of the sponsors!