Upcoming Cleanup Events
You can make a difference. Please join us on September 2 for our After Labor Day Cleanup – see our Events calendar for more information. Then take the pledge to turn the tide on ocean trash and fight for a healthy ocean. Join KBB at the KBB Florida Coastal Cleanup on September 20. Please contact Jim Kriewaldt to sign up – email@example.com. See our Events page for more information.
Tony Sasso’s Message
I hope you’ll have the opportunity to attend what should be a very informative and educational meeting about the upcoming Amendment 1. I’ve heard Sen. Graham speak on water and environmental issues in the past and he is not only knowledgeable , but helps cut to the importance of sustainability. Keep Brevard Beautiful is not advocating for this amendment, but we are, as a recognised community resource, asking that people take the time to learn and engage in these important decisions.
Kind regards, Tony
KBB South Chapter presents July We Noticed award to Schumacher Orthodontics in Indian Harbour Beach – congratulations and thank you for helping to keep Brevard beautiful!
Melbourne Wins the KBB Category A Trash Bash Competition
Melbourne City Council meeting presentation – Congratulations to the City of Melbourne for winning the Trash Bash Category A City competition (population greater than 35,000). KBB also congratulates Jennifer Thompson and Jennifer Wilster for winning KBB’s 2013-2014 Annual Education Award.
KBB Annual Dinner – June 7, 2014
Keep Brevard Beautiful’s 2013/14 Annual Awards and Installation dinner was a night of honoring those who make our organization the beacon of light that it is, installing our new leadership, choosing an interesting item from the Silent Auction, mingling with friends, enjoying a bountiful meal, and listening to a very knowledgeable guest speaker. Some 65 guests participated in the affair held at the Cocoa Beach Courtyard by Marriott. Dr. Lisa Souto, Executive Director of Marine Resources Council, was the guest speaker. Lacey James supplied the music. Our new board was sworn in by Judge Jack Griesbaum, and KBB awards were presented to schools and adults in our community who further our mission through their environmental work in Brevard County.
Congratulations to the Award Winners in the Adult Category:
- Litter Reduction & Control Award (sponsor: Waste Management) – Robbie Robinson
- Trash Bash Awards – City Competition (sponsor: Waste Management) – City of Cocoa
- Trash Bash Awards – District (sponsor: Waste Management) – District 2, Chuck Nelson
- Recycling Award (sponsor: Waste Management) – Marcia Booth
- Education Award (sponsor: Delaware North Parks & Resorts) – Jennifer Thompson & Jennifer Wilster
- Beautification Award (sponsor: Rockledge Gardens Nursery) – Jo Compton
- The Robert W. Bieske Outstanding Volunteer Award – (sponsor: Central Chapter) – Virginia Gaylor
- Wasdin Award – Sandy Sanderson
Congratulations to the Award Winners in the Youth Category:
- Litter Reduction & Control Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Cocoa High School
- Beautification Award (sponsor: KBB North, Central, South Chapters) – Cocoa High School ROTC student – Courtenay Decker and Freedom 7 Elementary
- Recycling Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Audubon Elementary
- Education Award (sponsor: Florida Power & Light) – Tropical Elementary Kindergarten/TK
Many thanks to all of the sponsors!